Casual Combination Driver-Dock Worker-Saginaw, MI
SAGINAW MI 48602
A casual works on an as-needed, on-call basis with no set schedule nor a guarantee of hours. The primary functions of a Combination City Driver / Dock Worker are: - To operate various tractor-trailer combinations or straight trucks between Company terminals or yards and customer facilities or work sites; to sort, handle, load and/or unload freight at various Company and customer locations in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. - To efficiently sort, handle, and load freight into and unload it from over-the-road equipment, containers, city trailers and/or straight trucks in accordance with oral and written instructions, as well as federal and state regulations. Combination city driver / dock workers must be able to perform all of the duties of a city driver and a dockworker. At many locations, combination city driver / dock workers also perform the duties of road drivers and/or hostlers.
1. One-year experience driving similar equipment in various traffic and weather conditions or graduation from company approved training program.
2. Age 21
3. Record of safe and competent driving as demonstrated on state Motor Vehicle Record.
4. Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Double/Triple and Hazardous Material endorsements. Ability to operate a commercial motor vehicle in adverse road, weather, and traffic conditions.
5. Ability to work various shifts and days of the week.
6. Ability to record applicable freight information on bill of lading.
7. Ability to match information on freight bill with description on bill of lading.
8. Transportation industry experience preferred.
*YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer*
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
**Title:** *Casual Combination Driver-Dock Worker-Saginaw, MI*
**Requisition ID:** *1702H8*