Labor Relations Manager
BLOOMINGTON CA 92316
Develops and directs implementation of plans, policies, and programs affecting the organization's relations with its organized employees and their representatives.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
1. Assists in preparation and participation in union management contract negotiations.
2. Research current and potential labor relations problems, opportunities and issues and evaluates their impact.
3. Acts as a representative with union officials on all matters pertaining to company decisions regarding disciplinary actions, separations, layoffs and wage administration.
4. Coordinates local level negotiation and/or participates in negotiation of multi-location agreements with unions.
5. Advises area human resources managers and line management on how to handle specific labor relations problems.
6. Handles grievances and serves as organization's arbitration representative.
7. Assures compliance with contractual agreements.
8. Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws, rulings, and regulations to ensure company compliance.
1. Bachelor's degree in Labor Relations, Human Resources, Business or related field.
2. 5 years previous experience in labor relations.
3. Thorough understanding of applicable collective bargaining agreements.
4. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required.
This job operates primarily in Field Operations at terminal locations with exposure to varying levels of noise, dust, hours of operation and temperature. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Occasionally
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
*YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer*
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
**Title:** *Labor Relations Manager*
**Requisition ID:** *1701SG*